The Nevada Field Office (NFO) welcomes visitors to its facilities, but if you plan to visit, there are several things you need to keep in mind. You must present valid photo identification as well as the name(s) of the person(s) you are visiting upon entering the facility. All persons and vehicles entering the North Las Vegas Complex are subject to search.
Official visitors are those who have been invited by an NFO employee or contractor host employee. It is the host's responsibility to take care of any necessary badges or access permission and arrange to meet guests at a designated place.
NNSA/NFO Real ID Act of 2005
Download the NNSA/NFO Real ID Act of 2005
The Nevada Field Office is located at:
232 Energy Way
North Las Vegas, NV 89030
Directions from McCarran Airport
1. Go toward the AIRPORT EXIT on ARRIVING FLIGHTS
2. Continue on E RUSSELL RD
3. Turn Left toward SWENSON ST/TROPICANA AVE/DEPARTING FLIGHTS
4. Continue on PARADISE RD
5. Continue on SWENSON ST toward LAS VEGAS
6. Turn Left on E TROPICANA AVE
7. Continue on W TROPICANA AVE
8. Turn Right to take the I-15 NORTH ramp
9. Merge on I-15 NORTH
10. Take the LAKE MEAD BLVD WEST, EXIT #45B
11. Bear Right on W LAKE MEAD BLVD
12. Turn Right on LOSEE RD
13. Turn Left on ENERGY WAY
Distance: 12.1 miles
Approximate Travel Time: 25 minutes
Download a map with directions to the Nevada Field Office and other helpful information.
- Dangerous weapons
- Instruments or material likely to produce substantial injury to persons or damage to persons or property
- Open containers of alcoholic beverages
- Non-prescription controlled substances
- Any other items prohibited by law
ARTICLES PROHIBITED IN ALL BUILDINGS, IN ADDITION TO THE ABOVE LISTED ITEMS, UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED:
- Cellular telephones with photographic capability – privately-owned cell phones without photographic capability are currently allowed in uncleared portions of buildings
- Privately owned radio frequency transmitting equipment
- Privately owned photographic/optical equipment
NFO Prohibited and Controlled Articles Policy
Download the Prohibited and Controlled Articles Policy
Electronic Devices Acceptable Use Policy
Download the Electronic Devices Acceptable Use Policy
Government-owned equipment may be taken into these areas but must be turned off, unless permission from the Safeguards and Security office has been granted.
For additional information on visiting the Nevada National Security Site, please refer to the NNSS Tours page.
For information on visiting the Nuclear Testing Archive and Public Reading Facility, please refer to the Nuclear Testing Archive page.